We are found in the Country... so if you are looking for that Quaint Time away, Stroll on over to Visit with Us... The Tea will be Brewing & Homemade Cookies will be Served. You will Truly Enjoy the drive over the Hills and through the Woods to Scenic Western Marion County.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simple Pleasures


Tonight I am posting a tried and true easy Banana Cake that is great for Weight Watchers! Yes, I am a lifetime member now, so am always on the hunt for easy to make sweets!

Banana Cake

1 box yellow cake mix (any brand)
1 diet clear soda (Sprite, or store brand)
1 egg white
2 ripe banana's, mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In large bowl combine cake mix, diet soda, egg white. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
Add mashed banana's, and chopped nuts. Stir well. Place in a 13 X 5 baking pan and
bake at 350 degrees for about 38 minutes. Remember, oven temps vary!
Just leave in the pan and slice into regular squares, 2 points per square.

As you can see I like to do things very easy! This is really delicious and SIMPLE and CHEAP!
Everything rolled into one easy dessert that keeps well for several days.


My friend Pamela (Beehind Thymes) has committed to a simpler life style. Her latest blog has inspired me, well, Pamela always inspires me! Please check out her link on this site and I bet she will inspire you too!
Good common sense which we all need to use during these tough times.

I was a little down not to long ago and was talking to my Dad who is 78 years young and he told me this:

I would rather try something great and fail,
then to have tried nothing and succeed.

I do not know where he obtained this quote, but he has used it often in his life.
So, I will keep trying to obtain my goals and perhaps I will succeed! I have met alot of very nice people thru these last weeks since I have been blogging--have felt their support even though they do not know me very well. I feel their spirit and goodness and pray for each and everyone to have a great and simple life and that you succeed in whatever your goals are!
(Tried to add a picture but it won't let me, guess I goofed)
Blessings




No comments: